Most dynamo lights are designed mainly for commuting on semi-lit city streets. The high beam doesn't spread too widely for concern of on coming traffic.
The beam of the Trail Light is wider to illuminate objects around the direction you are going -- trees, bushes, rocks, which makes it better for rural use.
– CNC'd 6061 aircraft grade aluminum
– 600 lumens
– Waterproof IP65
– Capacitor allows light output to continue up to 5 minutes while bike is stopped
– On/off switch
– 5v Micro USB port allows charging of devices when bike is moving and light is switched off. Cable not included.
– Input voltage AC 6V
– Output voltage DC 6V
Why a Dynamo Light over common battery-powered lights?
– No need for batteries or recharging
– No worries of forgetting to recharge
– No worries of forgetting to bring it on the ride, because it is in the charger.
– Less likely to be stolen since there are wires